Skip to content
- Salt (Sodium) we take every day has a direct effect on our blood pressure.
- The sudden rise of blood pressure may cause strokes, heart failure and heart attack which are leading causes of death and disabilities.
- Our body needs a small amount of salt. For of an adult, it should be 1 g per day and children need even less.
- High salt intake is the root cause of stomach cancer, osteoporosis, obesity, kidney stones and kidney disease. Salt can also cause asthma and diabetes.
- In our daily diet, if we take too much salt (sodium), our body try to retain excess fluid which increases blood pressure.
- Nowadays, we are very prone to eat restaurant type fast food where the level of the sodium salt is very high; it can cause hypertension.
- Hight salt intake may damage the hormonal system of our body.
- We should completely stop eating processed foods, restaurant style foods or foods that contain too many spices and salt.